Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there such a thing as too much Hedo

Is there such a thing as too much Hedo

We are booked for 2 weeks...March 24 to April 7....has anyone been 2 weeks and is it to long.....will we have a hard time with the food for 2weeks

Registered User hedovirgins2009's Avatar
    IMO it depends on what type of food you like and what you might have planned for the 2 weeks. Do you snorkle/scuba? Will you be taking excursions? I could do 2 weeks easy if I had funds to go off resort and shop or do some of the really fun excursions. Someone once posted that it would cost approx $70k to spend the entire year at Hedo, if I could afford the $ and time away I'd try it!

I might not have the cherry anymore, but I still have the box it came in!

Last year Valentine's Week at Hedo II was the most fun I've ever had.
    This year will be our first trip to Hedo III April 23 - May 1 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss B Haven 2 View Post
    We are booked for 2 weeks...March 24 to April 7....has anyone been 2 weeks and is it to long.....will we have a hard time with the food for 2weeks
    A couple of times we stayed for 11 days, but the pace is so intensive that we settled on staying about 7 - 8 days as the ideal. If you're going to the disco every night, participating in the parties, doing water sports during the day, and taking it all in, it can get to pretty exhausting. That's just our experience -- yours may vary.

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Did 12 days at Christmas and it was fine. However, we get our sleep every night and pace the liquor. I leave Hedo rested and relaxed, not worn out and exhausted. We scuba dive every other day and wander off property once or twice.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

I would take two trips a couple times a year, I agree 7 to 8 days works really well for me. But I go pretty much non stop. Really need a couple of days to recoup after those trips. But what a great time.... isn't that what it is about ? !

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Blog Entries
    Nine days has been perfect for us. We leave the resort exhausted and knowing that we could not have physically handled any more fun. There is very little sleeping at Hedo for us.

If we could manage to pull ourselves away from the fun to sleep then we could do longer, just never seem to be able to do that.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

We've gone no less than 6 days, and will be doing 8 days, extra night b-day present for hubby. We'd love to do more, but have a 4 yr old so that kinda helps us do the max. Have a great time we'll see ya, as our trip is 19th-26.

Our first trip we were there for 17 days. They had the 14/3 program and we didn't know if we would get back in a year to use the free days so we used them then. The staff thought we were on the payroll! LOL

I didn't think it was too long, I still cried when we left. We only left the resort twice, once to go shopping and once to do the horseback riding. We had a blast. We did take a few nights off to rest.

We have done 12 days in the past, was so ready to leave, not because we were not having fun, but because I know when I leave my office, no one does my work so I have that to look forward to each year on return. The 9 nights is best for us, not to far behind when we get back, this year we are doing 14 nights between Hedo 2 and Hedo 3...I am sure we will survive...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Is two weeks too much?

Carrie and I had our first trip to Hedo 3 last year. We always take 2 week holidays and wondered at that time if it was going to be too much at Hedo. We'll let me tell you it wasn't enough. We could have stayed another week. The nice thing about 2 weeks is that there is no rush to do anything. You can completely get your reality back home out of your head and enjoy yourself. The added bonus was the fact that everyone is so friendly, we had a great time just meeting so many people. Never for a moment did we get bored as there were so many interesting thing happening at the resort. The only downfall to two weeks is the third week when you get back home. I would consider the 3rd week "detox" because your body really does not want to go back to work and just when you think you back to normal, week 4 comes around and then DIF sets in and then you spend the next 48 weeks thinking about it before you return. Enjoy your two weeks, we will.

Dennis & Carrie.
    Naked forever, DIF.

I have done two weeks, and friends who i have been meeting there for over 25 years have gone twice a year for three weeks each. I find that 8 or 9 nights is my "best" vacation.

We have done 17 days and usually minimum 14 days other times. It is never long enoough for us. Would love to get a little retreat in Negril to spend the winters at!

First time at H2, we went for 10 days, and by the 9th day, we were partied out and ready to get back home. It was still tough to leave, but we knew real life had to be dealt with. This time we're going for 8 days, and now we're leaving a 2 year old son at grandma's house while we're gone, so unsure how that's going to affect things. Still can't wait!!!!

We've done 17 days in a row before, many times done 10 or 14. It can be a lot if you don't pace yourself and depending on the groups there and how busy it is. The food and shows and activities, well we all know what they are and when they are and we tend to get over them pretty quickly (as we've been there a lot to begin with). It's fun meeting new people when the turnover takes place on Saturdays...and it's also fun just using the "extra" time to do the couples thing. If you like to party you definitely need to pace yourself and get some sleep. There's nothing wrong with missing a dinner or two or taking it in your room. I tend to get socialized out if it's really busy after about 14 days or so. We tend to split our time these days between staying at Hedo then staying up on the cliffs in the Negril (with or without friends). It's fun & mixes things up a little.

Either way.....who can complain?

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Miss B Haven 2 View Post
    Is there such a thing as too much Hedo
    No.

I'd live there & work remotely if I could get a decent ISP.

(current rates are better than my damn mortgage..)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast