Thread: Brad & Elaine's AWOL 2009 Trip Report

Banned

Brad & Elaine's AWOL 2009 Trip Report

Brad and Elaine
    AWOL 2009 Trip Report
    July 28th – August 9th

This was our 2nd trip to Hedo and also our 2nd trip with the group AWOL (Another Week of Lunacy). This trip report will be fairly long since we were there for 12 days.

The flight to Montego Bay was pretty adventurous. We began checking in at the San Antonio Airport and found out that our American Airline flight had been delayed an hour and would not be leaving until 8:35am. We actually left SAT airport at 8:45am and we were sweating bullets thinking that we might not make our connection flight to MoBay. Arrived at DFW airport at 9:50 and had to make our connection at 10:15 on the other side of the airport. About 8 gates away, we hear the last call for Montego Bay flight. We began to run and made it with less than 5 minutes to spare. So the stress is over and we are on our flight back to our home in Jamaica.

We landed at 2pm to beautiful weather in Jamaica. Last year we arrived and had to wait over 3 hours in customs/immigration. This year from the time we landed to the time we were in the Superclubs lounge was 20 minutes. WOW, we were so happy we did not have to wait through any long lines. Off we were to HEDO!!!!!

When we arrived this year, we checked in and our room was ready. We felt like there was something missing though. Oh yeah, it was the awesome AWOL welcome from last year. AWOL welcomes are the best, book with AWOL and see what we mean.

We found the resort about 40% occupied. The groups that were in attendance this week were Cocktails International, Hedo Heroes, and Wild Women. We met some great people in these groups, but we could not wait for our AWOL family to be there. Most of them were due in on Saturday. Thanks to all the people that were there our 1st 4 days for starting off our vacation with a bang. R/E it was great to meet you both and E loved the B-Day cake. Thanks for everything and we will see you next year.

On Thursday, the wait was finally over; we were in the lobby waiting on our first arrivals. Our hosts R/I, and also G, D, and C were the first to arrive. It was so great to see them again. D it was great to meet you for the first time and great getting to know you during the trip. A few hours later, our other hosts had arrived N/K. AWOL was starting to show our faces and the energy level was beginning to rise. WooWoo shots had started and the fun had just begun.

Saturday was here and there was a party in the lobby. It looked like a family reunion. Since most of our group comes in on Saturday, the resort gives us a table and we distribute gift bags to everyone that has signed up with the group. We even at times while waiting for more people to arrive; we would go up to people that were checking in and introduce ourselves and bring them their first HEDO drinks. AWOL is truly one of the friendliest groups we have ever seen at Hedo 3.

Since we were there for 12 days, I will only hit some of the highlights of the trip.

Food and Service:
    Serena, what can we say, she is one of the best bartenders there. She was always quick to get us drinks and even help us out with other issues.

Chef John (nude pool grill) took care of us everyday. He prepares nachos and hamburgers with more care then we have ever seen. He is always so nice to everyone and congratulations to him on his new marriage.

This year we feel the food was better than last year. Keeping up with the alcohol was probably one of the biggest problems this week since the resort was at 100%.

Entertainment: I felt the ECs this year did a great job compared to last year. Ace did a great job organizing things for our group activities. Shaquie you are the best girl. She was always up beat, never could pass with her without her smiling right back at you. Thanks Shaquie for everything, you made our trip wonderful!!!

Sunday night was a blur. Cannot even remember what happened. If you never have gone to HEDO, you will realize what I am talking about.

Monday night we had the AWOL Sunset Social Meet and Greet which was great. It was amazing on how many people R/I and N/K had already adopted into the group. It was great seeing everyone back together again and also great to get a group AWOL picture.

Tuesday night we had our naughty gift exchange. People were hiding, bartering, and even some couple strategy was going on to get the best gift. WOW, was this a great event and a lot of great gifts. We feel for you Tracy, the paddle was hard to give up. Sorry Mon!!! This was also PJ night, we won a bottle of rum for having the best couples PJ. We had neon green and black outfits that accented perfectly together.

Wednesday was its own day for sure. This was out AWOL nude cruise. Due to low numbers on nude cruise on Thursday which the resort advertises, the hosts invited the people signed up on Thursday and anyone else from the resort to go with us. We had around 43 crazy people on the trip. We made our bus ride to Ocho Rios which is a 30 minute drive, jumped on the Cool Runnings Boat, and were off to drink, get naked, and have a blast. There were a lot of interesting things that happened on the boat which will remain secret. “If you go, you’ll know.” The runway show was great except for that guy that thought he could pull off the poke-a-dot bikini. What was he thinking? LOL Thanks to everyone that made this a great cruise. It is amazing after a year, there were a few ECs on the boat remembered both of us from last years cruise. GREAT TIME, we will do again next year for sure!!!

Thursday was an open day for the group. We hung around the pool most of this day and pretty much all the days we were there. Thanks to the entire kitchen staff for the jello shots. We brought all the containers and jello and the kitchen staff made some great jello shots. We gave them out at the Quad pool and Nude pool. People loved them; hopefully we will have room in our luggage next year to do them again.

Friday was the last night for most of the group. We had our Group Dinner that night. The resort set up tables for the entire group in a sectioned off area right outside the buffet. Congratulations to all the people that won the return stays and $200 gift certificates. Also this was our glow night and wow are those things bright when everyone in the piano bar had them on. Thanks to everyone for all the help in decorating the nude pool tree with the glow rings. It looked great. Ang I think if there was a vote for best glow in the dark outfit, you had our vote. Great glow in the dark dress!!!!

Saturday was a sad one as everyone was leaving. We said all of our goodbyes, sorry to people we missed. Plenty of ass slapping goodbyes were done. A special thanks to R & I and N & K, great hosts and great job planning another awesome trip.

Sunday was our day to leave. Thanks for the send off guys. 12 days went by really fast. We could not wait to book next year to return to our 2nd home and see our wonderful friends. We will be back and are already booked.

We will miss too many people and this report is long enough already so thank you to everyone. AWOL is such a great group. People having fun, helping each other out when needed, and even saving lives. Hope to see you all next year and welcome more new faces into the AWOL family.

Thumbs up

A most excellent report Brad & Elaine, it was great seeing you, but I feel cheated, I understand that this year Elaine had a tattoo that I didn't get to see, oh well, maybe in November if you make it out here to Vegas and if not, please TRY show it to me next year...lol...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Great report guys... mine is about done- promise... still to come!
    Nick (and the sassy Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Banned
    Had to cut the report shorter, did not want poeple getting bored by the end of it. Rick, might need to get you some special tattoo viewing glasses. Do not know if you will ever be able to see that tattoo.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by brad44nb View Post
    Had to cut the report shorter, did not want poeple getting bored by the end of it. Rick, might need to get you some special tattoo viewing glasses. Do not know if you will ever be able to see that tattoo.
    I am so down for that, if you think it will help, please feel free to get me glasses and have Elaine keep on showing me this alleged tattoo until I acknowledge seeing it. I swear I am so willing to keep on trying....lol...

Ivy n Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Super trip report, B & E. It was really great meeting you both, thank you for the warm welcome. Like you, we're booked already for next year. July 31, 2010 can't come soon enough!!!

Great trip report! Brought the DIF to the surface again.

Thanks for everything... it is great to have friends who look out for me.

Hope to see ya in NOLA or before when I am in TX. LOVE YOU

Cheers,
    G

www.awolinhedo.com

Trip #5, 7/29 to 8/7, 2010

Banned
    That is what friends are for, just remember that when I am curled up the fetal position and need food and some lovin'. Love you G. Hope everything works out and we can make it to NOLA 2010.

Banned
    Erica and Phil, you are right, July cannot come fast enough. The DIF is so much worse this year, maybe it is because we know that we booked already and cannot go back yet!!!! Nice meeting you 2, AWOL #3 will ROCK!!!