Thread: Shannon's AWOL trip report with her blind best friend!

Shannon's AWOL trip report with her blind best friend!

“AWOL” Another Week Of Lunacy

Here begins another saga of a Hedo adventure. I decided this time around that I would bring along a very dear friend of mine, Chris. Chris is 98% blind, and was still very eager to accept my invitation to Hedo III, just based on my rundown of the place.
    Everything ran rather smoothly as far as travel. We got to the terminal, and it didn’t take long before we were greeted by an entire slew of AWOLER’S! First came Sam, then Ron, Don & Kandi, Carlos & Maria. I knew immediately that THIS was THE flight to be on. We flew Continental, and were greeted with kind, smiling faces, walked to the front of the line at check in, and were allowed to board the plane before anyone, so that I could get Chris settled in. He booked his trip long after I did, so our seats weren’t together, but he did quite well on his own.
    After landing in Montego Bay, the bus ride over, seemed like an eternity. I just wanted to get to Hedo III, and meet all of my new friends already!
    Finally our bus pulls up to the resort, and we were greeted by bouncing boobies, and shiny asses! What a hell of a welcoming committee, I thought to myself. I immediately felt like part of the family. As I stood in line at check in, I felt like a Queen being served. Every time I turned around, I had a full drink of choice in my hand. Were these people trying to get me plastered already?
    This trip, for me was a bit different, as I brought a dear friend of mine along with me. He is a 27 year old blind man. Yes, a blind man at Hedo! Chris can see about 5% out of his eyes, but he didn’t let a little vision impairment stop him at all. Everyone at the resort, staff, and hedonists alike, were very helpful, and respectful of his needs. Often, we would lose each other (he liked to be on his own), and would need assistance in finding his way around, and nobody ever gave it a second thought to help him out. Because Chris couldn’t see, he often had to “feel” his way around! LOL…..but that didn’t seem to bother anyone, in fact a lot of the ladies were very good sports, and offered to let Chris “feel” out his surrounding environment………hahaha.
    When we got there, we couldn’t wait to get naked and join in the festivities at the nude pool! Even though this was Chris’ first trip, he didn’t even think twice about heading to the nude pool first. As soon as we could, we rushed over, disrobed, jumped in, ordered some of Johnny’s world famous nachos, and Gloria’s rum punch, and eagerly started a game of water volleyball! These are the moments I will remember for a lifetime!
    We had dinner reservations my first night there at Munasan, courtesy of my friends with the “One Love” group (awesome people!). It was “Glitter” night, ladies I recommend dressing for it…..you feel like a star!
    After dinner, our group gathered together in the Piano bar for some great sing-a-long tunes, then to the disco, and back to the nude pool, where the party begins and ends every night (or is it morning?). August seems to be the perfect time of year for the pool any time, day or night, there’s always a good crowd, and the water temperature is spot on!
    A few days in, a few people in our group were having lunch at the Scotch Bonnet, and one of the guys noticed another in our group beginning to choke! His instincts took over, and he quickly performed the Heimlich to save his life! I’m happy to say that he was successful.
    Whatever you do, NEVER miss the NUDE takeover of the Quad! Can you say “The most interesting body shots in the world”? The games are a blast, and your entertainment coordinators are on hand to make sure you have the time of your life!
    We had so many fun things going on with AWOL, including a naughty gift exchange, a few private dinners. Mixers to get to know everyone, custom dog tags with our names and “AWOL” on them, a book of “wishes” to fulfill at Hedo, participation in the Talent Show, and much, much more! Most importantly, we had a sense of family, unity, trust, and understanding within our group.
    I was born into a biological family, and don’t necessarily keep in touch with a lot of them, or have much in common with most of them in the first place. AWOL, is my chosen family, they are my family for life, and not a day goes by, that I don’t wonder how the family members are doing, or waiting to hear from them, just to say hi! We’re still active in our group private chats, even though we won’t reunite till August, and we all still keep in great contact.
    On my way out of the resort, on that sad, sad day…….I was sent off (on moon hill) with a group of shiny asses, and bouncing boobies, just as I had been greeted in the beginning.
    I am looking forward to my return trip in August! DIF baby! Oh, and for all of you AWOLER’s, Chris says “It’s all Rock and Roll!”
    R/I and N/K......you guys were the Hosts with the MOST! Thank you for all you have done, and continue to do!
    Last edited by ShannonHeat; 11-16-2009 at 12:50 PM.
    Thanks Y'all,

Shannon & Mike (aka Shenanigans and Utah)

Jam Out With Your Clam Out!
    July 29th - August 6th 2011

Great report Shannon....we are glad that you guys had fun. It was great to see Chris jump right in "no holds barred". We look forward to seeing you guys again in 254 days...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Nice report, Shannon! We are SO ready to go back!

H3, March 22-28, 2009
    H2, October 9-15, 2010
    H2, October 8-15, 2011
    H2, May 16-24, 2014

“Don’t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright” -- Bob Marley

Lucky you Kruise! You get to go for New Years! Wooohooo!
    Thanks Y'all,

Shannon & Mike (aka Shenanigans and Utah)

Jam Out With Your Clam Out!
    July 29th - August 6th 2011