Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Overbooked at H2 Feb3rd

Quote Originally Posted by whatevva View Post
    Yes!! We booked with Wild Women last year, and 14 other couples got bumped, but none that had booked with the group.
    How on earth can the resort be so poorly managed that is has to bump 14 couples? I can understand 2 or 3 for various unforeseen problems but 14 couples? Do they have any idea what that sort of thing does to their reputation? I wonder how many people take a pass on Hedonism over fear of getting bumped? Nothing like planning, saving and anticipating for a major vacation and then arriving only to be told you've been bumped to another resort.

I arrive tommorrow Monday around 10 am. I hope i dont get bumped. Since i am only there 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by 46to10 View Post
    How on earth can the resort be so poorly managed that is has to bump 14 couples? I can understand 2 or 3 for various unforeseen problems but 14 couples? Do they have any idea what that sort of thing does to their reputation? I wonder how many people take a pass on Hedonism over fear of getting bumped? Nothing like planning, saving and anticipating for a major vacation and then arriving only to be told you've been bumped to another resort.
    That's a good question: really, what are the odds that 14 couples will change their mind??
    But they know the bumping is easy for them, and they don't want to turn away people, so they "manage it."

As for their reputation?
    Well, take a look on here. Apparently not a darn thing!
    We call the place "home," count down the days to return, and cry "DIF" in between visits.

For me, I am the room for showers and dressing for dinner, and then sleep.
    So bump away! I will take a few free days!
    Now if only I were going.... lol

I will be highly pissed if we are bumped!

The mgmt knows this (bumping plp) will not effect their business one iota at this time..... Hedo is what it is and there no alternative. Now if there were a similarly priced and better run option that offers the same hedonistic atmosphere, I think Hedo would have to make significant changes or go under. That similarly priced with the same atmosphere alternative doesn't exist......yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 46to10 View Post
    It actually was 20+ rooms that were bumped last year...but it was just for one night on Saturday. Everyone was compensated in one form or an other and all had access to Hedo the entire time. I think it happens with how TA's block rooms out and if all the TA's sell every room they blocked, which only happens rarely. 4 weeks in advance last year you could not get a room for the WW/Amigo week...so they do shut down reservations when they know they are full or past capacity. I believe you are booked with WW so you have no worries mon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jrmarine242 View Post
    I arrive tommorrow Monday around 10 am. I hope i dont get bumped. Since i am only there 4 days.
    Fridays and Saturdays are the days you have to worry about...you should be fine on a Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    For me, I am the room for showers and dressing for dinner, and then sleep.
    So bump away! I will take a few free days!
    Exactly...after all you are still in Jamaica with you toes in the water and a drink in your hand!!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    There are still lots of rooms available for April....

Cheers
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Registered User singlecruiser70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The way I look at it is..... Treat bumping as an adventure. I have been to Hedo 3 times with a 4th cumming in April. I have never left the resort except for nude cruises. There is way too much happening for me to leave. I am an explorer by nature and would enjoy the bump just to get the free days and see how the vanilla people do vacations........ Dick Singlecruiser
    It all started when God created the big bang 13.81 Billion years ago.

......SLS as Singlecruiser

Hedo III 11-17 Apr 2010.....Hedo II 9-16 Apr 2011.....Hedo II 19-27 Nov 2011
    Hedo II 7-15 Apr 2012.....Hedo II 17-25 Nov 2012.....Hedo II 6-14 Apr 2013
    Hedo II 23-2 NovDec 2013.....Hedo II 12-20 Apr 2014..... Hedo II 12-20 July 2014
    Hedo II 9-16 Apr 2016....

Saturday and Friday are the transition days. Ppl arrive and leave in large numbers. Over lap happens so some bumping when the resort is full and making money (thus staying open) happens. This does not seem to be an issue when we go in the summer months at all. So, do not want to be bumped ever? Want a possible upgrade? Summer trip to Hedo. Or do like we did last year, one in March two over the summer.

Blog Entries
    As sad as we were to leave on the 4th, it is good to know that we were freeing up a room for people to get into...

Use it well, we did

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    There is a good reason you should book with a group that has a no bump guarantee
    I saw a thread on DennyP yesterday that mentioned TA'S with a "No Bump" policy. Per Denny, they are TA's that are telling you a lie to get your business. DennyP is a premier TA, so for him to say that, it makes a lot of sense. He even tells of when members of his group got bumped.
    Beware of groups or TA's that promise a "No Bump" policy.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecruiser70 View Post
    The way I look at it is..... Treat bumping as an adventure. I have been to Hedo 3 times with a 4th cumming in April. I have never left the resort except for nude cruises. There is way too much happening for me to leave. I am an explorer by nature and would enjoy the bump just to get the free days and see how the vanilla people do vacations........ Dick Singlecruiser
    Your with our group Dick so sorry you wont be bumped.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FlaHedoCouple View Post
    I saw a thread on DennyP yesterday that mentioned TA'S with a "No Bump" policy. Per Denny, they are TA's that are telling you a lie to get your business. DennyP is a premier TA, so for him to say that, it makes a lot of sense. He even tells of when members of his group got bumped.
    Beware of groups or TA's that promise a "No Bump" policy.
    Hmmmm i saw it in my contract that we signed so if someone in our group gets bumped were gonna have a problem. I think the only way it will happen is if a group takes over the entire resort.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Thats hat we are counting on Cop. I would hate to think that we would get bumped on our first trip to Hedo.
    Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Hmmmm i saw it in my contract that we signed so if someone in our group gets bumped were gonna have a problem. I think the only way it will happen is if a group takes over the entire resort.
    Cop..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Cop..
    I think what DennyP was saying was that your T.A. might say that they have a "No Bump" guarantee...meaning that they(the T.A.) will compensate you. The guest might still get bumped though. In any event, bumping is not very common.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast