Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who can say to me what there is to make and to see outside the resort?

Who can say to me what there is to make and to see outside the resort?

Hello,
    Who can say to me what there is to make and to see outside the resort? In feet or by renting a car? What do you recommend us?
    Patricia and François

Registered User singlecruiser70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by François View Post
    Hello,
    Who can say to me what there is to make and to see outside the resort? In feet or by renting a car? What do you recommend us?
    From what I know and have experienced, you ain't gonna want to leave the resort..... Dick Singlecruiser
    It all started when God created the big bang 13.81 Billion years ago.

......SLS as Singlecruiser

Hedo III 11-17 Apr 2010.....Hedo II 9-16 Apr 2011.....Hedo II 19-27 Nov 2011
    Hedo II 7-15 Apr 2012.....Hedo II 17-25 Nov 2012.....Hedo II 6-14 Apr 2013
    Hedo II 23-2 NovDec 2013.....Hedo II 12-20 Apr 2014..... Hedo II 12-20 July 2014
    Hedo II 9-16 Apr 2016....

exactly... we too thought about leaving the resort for a small excursion... after 30 minutes we looked at ourselves and without knowing what the other was about to say, we both just said "wanna head back?"... after a serious laugh we headed back to the center of the universe and did not attempt to leave again.
    The Chemist and the Flyer

... adding the human touch.

You should go to Rick's Cafe for the sunset. Wife and I really enjoyed watching the cliff jumping as well as the the short getaway from the resort. It was an amazing afternoon.

Best excursion I took was from the nude pool to the prude grill.....ate....went back to nude pool.
    It's cheap, doesn't take long and I felt worth the trip. Other than that the cat cruise or a quick
    trip to Bloody Bay by boat is nice too!

They have a tour desk just off the main lobby, stop in and see what peeks your interest.
    They have two types of nude cruises from the resort, one is during the day to a cave to snorkel and another is to Ricks Cafe for the sunset and watch cliff divers (don't dive yourself, just back to work from shoulder surgery, resulting from bad landing years ago doing that).
    They also have parasailing you can do right from the resort.
    If you want other tours they have many available, from crockadile, to zip line, to horseback riding in the ocean. Dolphin cove you can swim with dolphins. So don't worry, once you get there you can decided what you want to do.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Last time we were in Negril we went to Margarettaville to watch the Spartans in the NCAA tourney and to Ricks to jump.
    This will be our first trip to Hedo and from what I've read here we won't be leaving the resort!

I would definitely recommend waiting until you get there to decide.
    1, you may decide not to!!
    2, you may find some friends to go with

Registered User Allan_Elizabeth's Avatar
    Places to go,

Go for a walk on the beach go in themorning and walk to Margaritavilee (lots of places to eat that are local food) take a route taxi back time needed 2 hours
    Go to the cliffs for Dinner we love Catcha, try Rockhous or 3 Dives for Jerk and music and the view is beautiful 2 hours (back in time for the show and piano bar etc..
    Go on a Nude Sunset Cruise to Ricks and Back in 3 Hours
    Get the waterski guys to drive you over to Bloody Bay just around the corner it is a beautiful beach for a walk with amazing sand, stop at Office of Nature for a lobster and red stripe.

There are lots of these little trips we like to walk the beach in the morning before the resort is hopping even if we only go for and hour it is safe and great exercise.
    Last edited by Allan_Elizabeth; 03-18-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Next trip Dec 15 - 21 2019

While Hedo is the reason we go...Negril is just to awesome to stay within the walls of the zoo the entire time. There are some great places to eat and see either along the beach or along the cliffs. You also do not get the best vantage point for a world famous Negril sunset from Hedo, you need to go towards the West End to see it in all it's glory.

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

we always go to margarittaville, yes its touristy, but fun to watch everyone and we love the drinks. we have been to ricks once too, but seems so far from the resort, margarittaville is close by. hoping this year to go with friends too!

We went to ricks cafe to watch the cliff divers. Rented a private taxi because we wanted to stop at the harley store. You can take the sunset cruise to ricks also.

This year we're planning to go tubing with some friends. The zip line is fun, if you have a group. Snorkeling is great & free! I did parasailing with some friends and that was also a great break for my body I was unimpressed with Rick's cafe, hard to see the sunset with a bunch of other people there.

Definitely the nude cruise. We loved it. We also went zip lining and horseback riding. Both are good, if you like that sort of thing, but I'm not sure I would leave the resort again for those activities. From the resort, both snorkeling and morning beach walks are recommended.

Yeah, have to agree on the nude cruise, Rick's cafe and our personal favourite..... the Margaritaville challenge. We do this every year & it's always a bit of a laugh.

What you do is, before you leave, book a return trip from one of the guys with a boat that hangs around in the bay (allow plenty of time for the walk & some drinks).
    Then start walking along the beach past all the vanilla hotels (take some pics so you can show them to the family). If there are any hot couples around ask them to take some pics of you both. This can be tied in with playing the "who could we convert" game (always fun, wherever you go).
    Every time you attempt to walk past one of the beach vendors you have to visit their stall if they call you over (95% do). If the vendor says, "Jamaica" at any point you have to buy something. You'll probably be offered a shoulder massage at some point, but you should take that anyway because it's great (once the pain has eased off).
    After what seems like the longest walk of your life you'll eventually reach Margaritaville. Have some drinks & then take your pre-booked water-taxi home (he'll probably be late but hey, it's "Jamaica mon").
    Slip back into the nude pool (after you've put all the crap you've bought in your room), smile & say, "why do we actually do that?"

"Another rum?".... "oh, go on then".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast