Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music Volume

Blog Entries
    My only complaint (which I made a point of noting on the evaluation at check out) during our 17 night May 2014 trip was that the music during our second week was TOOOO LOUD during the after dinner entertainment in the dining room. We had to shout to be heard while sitting outside the piano bar. It was painfully loud, I couldn't imagine how people in the dining room were feeling. Such a relief when they turned the volume down in the dining room for the last week we were there!!!
    "Your clothes conceal much of your beauty, yet they hide not the unbeautiful ....Would you meet the sun and the wind with ...your skin..? For the breath of life is in the sunlight and the hand of life is in the wind.." Kahlil Gibran

Blog Entries
    Apparently they now have a new DJ in the disco so maybe the music will not be quite as loud.

Note to Forum Leader:

Please copy this thread and send it to:

Management
    Owners
    Front desk
    Entertainment coordinators (each one of them if possible)

There's no point in us quietly venting here if the 'powers that be' are able to ignore our comments -- as they can and do on the Exit Comment Sheets.

Perhaps someone who has a vested interest in Hedo might be invited to respond -- immediately!

PNK
    Hedo July 10 - 17, 2014

I can't see any of it every changing - they must have quite a few comments a week about the volume.
    Last edited by mac_r_a; 06-16-2014 at 04:00 PM.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

I don't like the loud music by the pool! I don't mind music, but when you can't have a conversation with your group of friends, it is way too loud. I know you can ask them to turn it down and they will; however, we shouldn't have to. The pool during the day is more of a social thing not a booty shaking time, in my opinion. With that being said, even the Disco is too loud to shake my booty at for a long time. Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Music volumes do vary and can get loud. I can understand the disco being a bit loud but as for the other spots we enjoy music as background to conversation. You have to be able to chat and be social.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

The music is being played by a 20 something year old who love it loud
    Hedo 3 Nov 2009
    Hedo 2 Nov 2010
    Hedo 2 Nov 2011
    Hedo 2 Nov 2012
    Hedo 2 Nov 2013
    Hedo 2 Nov 2014
    Temptation Jan 2016
    Hedo 2 Dec 2016
    Hedo 2 Dec 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    I frequently tell my wife that my phone never rings for people asking me what to do BUT were I running the place the disco would either be turned down or torn down and the space utilized for something else.Our experience has been that you rarely find more than 3 or 4 couples in there.We have been to other resorts where the Disco is "where it's at!".And it was too!
    Only comment I have on this is, please God dont tear down the disco. We just wanna dance! even if we are one of the few ppl in there! But with the groups we go with, the disco gets used even if fans have to be brought in. We want a place to go to in the evening as well as piano bar ppl do. We love the dubstep music as well as rap music. I know its not the most popular music there and I respect that, but it is what I listened to growing up and still do. Keep some variety for everyone. The disco is well used in some of the groups. Respect

FL - a hop, a skip, and a jump away from paradise!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracelynn View Post
    Only comment I have on this is, please God dont tear down the disco. We just wanna dance! even if we are one of the few ppl in there! But with the groups we go with, the disco gets used even if fans have to be brought in. We want a place to go to in the evening as well as piano bar ppl do. We love the dubstep music as well as rap music. I know its not the most popular music there and I respect that, but it is what I listened to growing up and still do. Keep some variety for everyone. The disco is well used in some of the groups. Respect
    Agreed with all of this, I feel the same way! We would be disappointed if the piano bar became the only spot for after dinner music and partying. Plus, the disco is amazing when we do rave/glow in the dark theme! I also like the disco bar area a lot.
    Next trip: Young Swingers Week March 18 - 24 2018!

March 21 - 28 2014, Young Swingers Week (Trip report)
    October 3 - 12 2014, Young Swingers Week 2 (Trip report)

Maybe when they remodel the disco, they'll sound proof it a little better. We heard there's also a new DJ.
    Shizelle ~n~ Dave
    April 21 - 28, 2018
    October 17 - 27, 2018
    Playful Pussycats

http://www.theplayfulpussycats.com

http://www.wildwomenvacations.com

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    For the record,I would like to see the disco improved to the point people could actually use it!
    The first and absolutely cheapest thing to do is to turn down the volume.When you go in there it feels like you are up against some sort of sonic assault of the ears and that is the primary reason hardly anyone goes in there.Mgmt really needs to pay attention to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    For the record,I would like to see the disco improved to the point people could actually use it!
    The first and absolutely cheapest thing to do is to turn down the volume.When you go in there it feels like you are up against some sort of sonic assault of the ears and that is the primary reason hardly anyone goes in there.Mgmt really needs to pay attention to that.
    Agreed...we can never get past the door.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12