Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: December Nude Side Construction

Quote Originally Posted by auroracpl View Post
    we are going to hedo for the first time at the end of jan and sure hope all the renos to the nude pool are done by then.
    You should be fine. January is a very busy month at hedo and it's unlikely they would do any major renos during this period.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

We will be there on the 19th so hopefully it will be back to the way we all like it. Let's make the most over It!! See you there !

Can't believe all the negative comments towards ownership for not warning everyone of the renos. Trust me, if you were planning to go during these weeks you will have a much better time with these renos going on and forcing everyone into one more confined space on the prude side. We've spent more than 30 weeks at Hedo at all times of the year, including these two weeks right before Christmas. These are the only two weeks I would absolutely not recommend for anyone to ever go to the resort if you're looking for a real "hedo party"... to go for a quiet relaxed time -- great; but the occupancy is always the lowest of the whole year during these weeks. When we were there during these weeks they would only set 10-12 tables in the dining room (plus Pastafarie's), so that'll give you an idea of how many people show up during this time.

Occupancy rates were at about 15%-20%. The resort is just not wild with fun with these low occupancies. The few people that are there are so spread out there is never any energy built up. It's a sleeper time. I'll grant that this is the only time that some people can go because of all sorts of other commitments; but for those people it will be a lot more fun to be squeezed a little tighter -- you'll see everyone and meet more people.

It is the most logical time for management to schedule renos like this. And I wouldn't like to see them close the resort for these weeks because there are a lot of staff who are already laid off during low occupancy and it would be a shame to see everyone cut out of a paycheck. That's a lot more people that would have to do with even less at Christmas.

Sorry for my little rant. But you've booked a low energy, low occupancy time. Just go and enjoy the sun and the great new people you'll meet. Please don't rag on the staff right before Christmas though, none of it's their fault and you'll just make your own vacation more miserable. I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by funfortwo View Post
    Can't believe all the negative comments towards ownership for not warning everyone of the renos. Trust me, if you were planning to go during these weeks you will have a much better time with these renos going on and forcing everyone into one more confined space on the prude side. We've spent more than 30 weeks at Hedo at all times of the year, including these two weeks right before Christmas. These are the only two weeks I would absolutely not recommend for anyone to ever go to the resort if you're looking for a real "hedo party"... to go for a quiet relaxed time -- great; but the occupancy is always the lowest of the whole year during these weeks. When we were there during these weeks they would only set 10-12 tables in the dining room (plus Pastafarie's), so that'll give you an idea of how many people show up during this time.

Occupancy rates were at about 15%-20%. The resort is just not wild with fun with these low occupancies. The few people that are there are so spread out there is never any energy built up. It's a sleeper time. I'll grant that this is the only time that some people can go because of all sorts of other commitments; but for those people it will be a lot more fun to be squeezed a little tighter -- you'll see everyone and meet more people.

It is the most logical time for management to schedule renos like this. And I wouldn't like to see them close the resort for these weeks because there are a lot of staff who are already laid off during low occupancy and it would be a shame to see everyone cut out of a paycheck. That's a lot more people that would have to do with even less at Christmas.

Sorry for my little rant. But you've booked a low energy, low occupancy time. Just go and enjoy the sun and the great new people you'll meet. Please don't rag on the staff right before Christmas though, none of it's their fault and you'll just make your own vacation more miserable. I'm done.
    I must say that I am somewhat shocked by the lack of empathy with this post. The complaint is not with the time of year, nor the staff. The complaint is with the communication from the company/management and how it was non-existent. My assumption is, since you are not going, that you have not been lied through the email and the phone by more than one person. Finally, an answer was finally given, but why should that be enough?

Once again, someone who is not being affected by the current situation, lying, and extreme lack of communication is proving their brilliant insight.

Finally, your comment in regard to "not taking it out on the staff" is the most ignorant of them all. Shame on you.
    Last edited by GenuineCoupleDC; 12-17-2016 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by funfortwo View Post

Get off your high horse. It is the only time we have where we can both got off work. We wanted it to be special. And we just wanted honest answers and/or some effort from the resort to somehow make it worth the FULL COST they are charging despite providing not having the wonderful hot tub we were hoping for. And apparently you were once as clueless as you seem to think we are. Since you are sooooo smart, you are also an idiot to have gone during the same period. Clueless.

Must we have the personal attacks? Venting is fine, but with "respect" - please.

How bout that election.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    How bout that election.
    Cop..
    LOL! We can talk about religion next....

With respect to "Low Occupancy" ...

We tried to book back in Sept and Oct and found blocks of unavailability.

This unavailability prevent us from booking (fortunately)!!!

Many book during this time because most have holiday time and to escape the cold.

Where, oh where, are you getting your numbers???
    And why are coming down on those who paid full price and having to TOLERATE less.

RE: our prior posts.

With respect to Hedo, we will continue to sit on the sideline for awhile until this dust settles.
    Last edited by JustSay; 12-17-2016 at 11:45 AM.
    Surely the Whirled Turns

Wow! I've carefully read all the previous posts and no one had said in any of those that they were lied to by the staff. That would not be right. I was just trying to say, "adjust your expectations" and enjoy your trip rather than make it a downer for yourselves, the other guests, and the staff that will be there working hard to make sure that you do have as good a time as possible. p.s. I do have empathy for those going under these circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by GenuineCoupleDC View Post
    I must say that I am somewhat shocked by the lack of empathy with this post. The complaint is not with the time of year, nor the staff. The complaint is with the communication from the company/management and how it was non-existent. My assumption is, since you are not going, that you have not been lied through the email and the phone by more than one person. Finally, an answer was finally given, but why should that be enough?

Once again, someone who is not being affected by the current situation, lying, and extreme lack of communication is proving their brilliant insight.

Finally, your comment in regard to "not taking it out on the staff" is the most ignorant of them all. Shame on you.

Wasn't trying to ride a high horse. I wasn't "clueless" when we went during these weeks in December. We went knowing full well that it would be the lowest occupancy time of the year. But we needed a relaxing, quiet vacation. That's why we went then. Because that's what you get during these weeks. I'm not sure that makes me an "idiot". Also, this is not the "FULL COST" time period either. These are actually the lowest cost weeks of the whole year. If you want to go at the peak times when the resort is full, when all the partying happens, when you can be guaranteed no renovations are going on, then you'll pay a lot more -- up to a couple of hundred bucks per night more.

You can still have a great vacation there if you want. Sorry you took my post in a way that it was not at all intended.

Quote Originally Posted by PussyLuv View Post
    Get off your high horse. It is the only time we have where we can both got off work. We wanted it to be special. And we just wanted honest answers and/or some effort from the resort to somehow make it worth the FULL COST they are charging despite providing not having the wonderful hot tub we were hoping for. And apparently you were once as clueless as you seem to think we are. Since you are sooooo smart, you are also an idiot to have gone during the same period. Clueless.

The discussion on being lied too .... We believe they were posted in the "Who is going in December?" thread.

In advance ... Glad to assist.

... Apologists. Are you getting an adjustment for your spin on the matter?
    Surely the Whirled Turns

Quote Originally Posted by FunFlirt View Post
    LOL! We can talk about religion next....
    Or global warming!!

I agree on both sides upgrades are needed and nice but communication is key as well. Let's all play nice.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

I just got back from a 4 night stay and at check out they gave me a complimentary night stay valid next year during Dec 10-24! I felt it was a nice gesture and a great incentive to be there next year! And we had a blast despite the construction!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast