Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Air Jamaica

We'll be flying AJ out of JFK, Business Class.

I don't think we've ever flown them before but I can't remember!!!

I don't think it's a big deal. IIRC, we have used their "club lounge" at MBJ before, but it was on vouchers issued us as Business Class passengers on AA.
    Kinks think we're Swingers,
    Swingers think we're Kinks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Xceptional View Post
    We'll be flying AJ out of JFK, Business Class.

I don't think we've ever flown them before but I can't remember!!!

I don't think it's a big deal. IIRC, we have used their "club lounge" at MBJ before, but it was on vouchers issued us as Business Class passengers on AA.
    You will have a blast in their Business Class, as soon as we got on board, we ordered our first Ting and Vodka...ahhhhhhh the good old days...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by weliveinvegas View Post
    You will have a blast in their Business Class, as soon as we got on board, we ordered our first Ting and Vodka...
    It's kinda ironic I suppose. We fly business class and then take the Superclubs bus when we get there. We do have some limits to how much we'll spend, and have also flown Coach when the fares were not good

You had a good taxi trip? I still think the first timers should not worry about it and just take the bus, it's a shared experience. We've all done it. Then after they've been a few times, if they want to take a taxi or car service, it's an informed choice.
    Kinks think we're Swingers,
    Swingers think we're Kinks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Xceptional View Post
    ...You had a good taxi trip? I still think the first timers should not worry about it and just take the bus, it's a shared experience. We've all done it. Then after they've been a few times, if they want to take a taxi or car service, it's an informed choice.
    I agree, take the shuttle until you do not want to anymore. Our last trip in August (our 9th) was the first non AJ redeye trip. We were used to arriving at MBJ at 6:30 am, no lines at customs or immigration, no waiting for the shuttle to fill up, no traffic and no stopping to drop others off at resorts or for the beer stop. We were usually on resort by 8:30-9:00am....The taxi this year was fine and we will most likely do it again next year. We were lucky, there were 5 of us from AWOL on the same flight, 20 bucks a person, one stop for a quick drink and back on the road.

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

We have been flying AJ out of Chicago direct to MoBay for about 15 years. We have had delays especially returning home but I don't think they are any worse than AA who we used to fly connecting in Miami, which is a nightmare schedule. We rarely leave Chicago late but always have a few hour delay returning home.

You may be surprised to learn that AJ just won "The Caribbean's Leading Airline" Award in the World Travel Awards last week. The ceremony, held in London, was the culmination of voting by thousands of travel industry professionals in more than 190 countries.

http://www.airjamaica.com/News/Air%2...0Caribbea.aspx

No, I do not work for AJ, but like the service well enough to fly them twice a year.

We fly with AJ almost every time for 10 years now and as Anita said they are almost always delayed on the return but always early/on time on the way out - though last week we actually landed 15 minutes early on our return.

I don't know that they are better than anyone else, but they are the only direct flight, we get good, sometimes great, service from them and the prices are always very good if you don't try to book last minute.

Last couple of times we flew business class - not only for comfort but for the amount of luggage we have to take for our trips as you get an extra bag allowance on Business class.

We really like their lounge at MBJ too...so much more comfortable than waiting in the terminal and check in is a breeze as you don't have to wait in line.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

We have flown AJ 2 times. First time, no problems, nothing different. Second time arrived 25 mins. early and trip home was delayed by 45 mins. due to customs boarding and going through every bag. We drive to Philly (4.5 hours) to be able to do a direct flight at a good time. Every time we flew from Albany, NY to Philly to Jamaica there was always a problem on the way back that caused us to miss our connecting flight to Albany...that sucks! AJ much better!!
    Wendy (Ted is now LactoseFreeLove for those who missed it! He needed his own name!)

DIF SUCKS!!! Counting down the days...again!! Less than 100!! July 23, 2010 cannot come soon enough! www.wildwomenvacations.com and www.cocktailsintl.com! Will be a great week! Looking forward to meeting you all!

We love AJ out of Philly, never a problem, always on time. We just booked our flight for our next trip with AWOL, 07/30 to 08/07/10, $390 pp round trip, non stop. No other airline came close to that price.

Somehow we must be out of the loop...we booked our trip and airfare over 6 months out and we shopped for 3 months beforehand...we never saw AJ as cheap as any other carrier and in our experience it was always at least $50-$100 more with fewer flights from either Philly or the DC area! What are we missing, several people have told us of $200 tickets? (add the $100+ in fees) As it was we paid over $300 per ticket and had large layovers both ways! We used all the travel dot coms and direct airline pricing when we searched.

We never found AJ to be the cheapest when we were flying with them, not a lot more than any other carrier, but the convenience of their early AM arrival giving us the entire day on the resort more than made up for those few dollars more...

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Flew AJ 3 times out of Chicago with no problems. The fourth time was a disaster. It was going to be a 24 delay. Ended up paying $1000 to get there sooner. Have not taken them since.

I would rather walk than fly AJ. When they flew out of Toronto, they very rarely made departure time within two hours, if at all. Twice we where put on Air Canada, as "da plane got sick, mon" and once we where cancelled out of MoBay to Toronto as US Customs had seized the inbound aircraft. Anyone else other than AJ.

Blog Entries
    The only prob with AJ is they seem to have a lot of delays. Last trip in sept the return flight left 4 hrs late.
    Sign up for their Newsletter... I did and got a email for a sale. RoundTrip first class to MBJ for $278.00 a ticket. Yes I booked that sale!

Registered User cnjcpl4whatever's Avatar
    We fly the early flight our of Philly, get there in Mobay at 9:40am had no problem last year, first year out of JFK delayed on the return flight several hours. Doing the Philly flight again this year plus Timair, we are at the front desk by 10:40am and watch Delroy set up the bar lol. Good Luck
    RESPECT EVERYTIME
    ALL THE TIME,
    JOHN & TERRY
    April 17th to 29rd 2023 Trip 18

We initially booked with AJ last year, but a few months before our trip they canceled out outbound flight and rescheduled us for one late in the evening. Needless to say, we got our money back and had to scramble for flights.

This year they've got some great prices on some nice early flights (and late departures out of MoBay - perfect combo), but I'm sooooo hesitant to book based on last year's experience.

We fly out of NYC - anyone have anything GOOD to say about AJ from NYC?

Thanks!
    Pretty S and Billy Beards

Jul 09 - 16 20156 H2
    ______
    Jul 12 - 18 2015 H2
    ______
    Jul 12 - 19 2014 H2
    ______
    Aug 04 - Aug 11 2012 H2
    ______
    Aug 27 - Sept 04 2011 H2
    _____